Unhappiness in relationships, according to Dr. Gary Chapman, is often due to the fact that we speak different love languages. Sometimes we don’t understand our partner’s requirements, or even our own. We all have a “love tank” that needs to be filled in order for us to express love to others, but there are different means by which our tank can be filled, and there are different ways that we can express love to others.
Archive for March, 2006
If you had one year and could do anything at all, what would you do? Where would you go?
I have always prided myself on being someone who lives according to her convictions. A life based on values and priorities not just letting things happen. Somehow, I am not sure that this is still true of me. I want it to be true, but I am not sure that it is.
There are a few reasons for this doubt:
1) I’m very tired and busy chasing my dear toddler many days and therefore don’t do what I have planned.
2) I am not planning my days. There are many days when I look back and feel like I could’ve and should’ve been more deliberate and productive with the time given me.
3) I’m not entirely sure what I value or want my priorities to be at this point.
On the other hand, I feel like I’m living more in line with my values and priorities than ever.
There are several reasons for this confidence:
1) I’m very tired and busy chasing my dear toddler and don’t do all the things I have planned (ie. cleaning, cooking, exercising, etc.)
2) I am not planning my days completely. Instead, I am allowing the special moments of Eila’s days to be just that rather than a series of activities and events and things to accomplish.
3) I know that I do value time with people and training Eila in godly ways, and am spending my time in these pursuits, but little else.
Basically, I am a little confused about if my life is being lived to its fullest or if I should be making changes to ensure an authentic and purpose-filled life. I guess I need to spend a little more time in communion with God over this one because He is the One with the plan for my life, not me…