I’m not sure which type I am… You can vote with your opinion, if you want. The last question/choice was really hard for me as I crave order for myself, but I think as a mother I really struggle to provide order and maybe get rid of more boundaries than I should.
Your type is: ISTP — The “Give ‘Em Their Space” Mother
“My feelings are my own business. Not theirs. So I honor their privacy too.”
* Non-intrusive and respectful of differences, the ISTP mother gives her children the personal space they need to develop as separate, self-sufficient individuals. As children grow and mature, she enjoys observing how each one becomes his or her own person. She seeks to accept and honor each child’s interests, opinions, and choices.
* The ISTP mother does not believe in authority or control for its own sake. Instead, she favors a non-directive approach. Yet she has high expectations for each child’s self-discipline as a key to self sufficiency.
* To these ends, the ISTP mother wants to “be there” for her children—to meet their basic needs and keep them safe. Her goal is to help her children think for themselves and take responsibility for their own actions.
Your type is: ISTJ —The “Responsibility” Mother
“I have a serious love affair with to-do lists. I could sit for hours reading, organizing, and rearranging my weekly calendar.”
* The ISTJ mother has a highly developed sense of responsibility: for work, home, family … particularly her children. Whether she’s overseeing daily baths or insisting on a 10 p.m. curfew, her efforts are largely focused on providing her children with order and routine. She wants them, regardless of age, to be able to count on her and the structure she provides.
* In carrying out her commitment to her responsibilities, the ISTJ mother is organized, industrious, and detail-oriented. Because her focus is the day-to-day realities of life, her children are likely to feel secure and well provided for.
* The ISTJ mother also sets a good example and provides her children with practical guidance on being a productive, responsible individual. Still, with all her seriousness, she may delight family members with her quick wit and observations about the details of life.
Learn more at motherstyles.com